One school, one purpose; to provide academic success for every student. Understanding at Metcalf we do whatever it takes to help our students succeed.
Student: As a student, I agree to…
- always try to do my best in my work and my behavior;
- be respectful to my teachers and fellow students;
- work hard to do my best in class and complete my homework;
- be an active participant in my own learning;
- attend school regularly.
Parent: As a parent, I agree to make an effort to…
- participate in school activities such as Title I parent education programs, parent nights, parent/teacher conferences, and open house;
- to stay aware of what my child is learning, and communicate regularly with school, staff, and with my child;
- spend time each day with my child reading, writing, listening, or just talking;
- to assist with homework and read with my child every day;
- sign and return all papers that require a parent’s or guardian’s signature.
School: As a school staff, we agree to…
- provide an atmosphere that fosters learning, provides opportunities for success, and helps to develop responsible, caring, independent learners;
- provide a safe, pleasant, and caring atmosphere;
- maintain high expectations for myself, students and other staff;
- provide an environment that promotes active learning;
- believe each child can learn.